RoF
On the 3rd retrieve she stalled as she picked up the dumbbell to sneeze out something she got up her nose. I probably should have done an EC but I gave that one to her.
So, we’re at this park with kids running around, construction going on, people coming and going in the parking lot next to us, dogs walking behind us (on leashes). I thought it was a good set of distractions but nothing caught her attention like that water bottle laying on the grass to our right.
On retrieve #4 Ellie actually set her self up to retrieve it.
I knew what I had to do. It was going to be messy and hard but we had to work retrieves against that ridiculous bottle. It took several ECs, some backwashing and lots of patience. I gave Ellie LOTS of praise to give her some sense of success. It was not perfect or pretty but we worked through it in the end.
We were both exhausted by the time we were done.
RoHJ
Ellie struggled with the “jump fetch jump” commands this week. She was doing fine with jump jump until I introduced the dumbbell into the picture. She was confused but something clicked today. Yay!
What a week!


Week 11 Exam is up. Phew! This was a rough one!
ReplyDeleteAnd yet, you and Ellie make it look like 'la-la-la, tis a piece of 🍰'.
ReplyDeleteVery good work, Pass. Please bring water bottles and cans, anything Ellie finds particularly distracting. Each of you bring your dogs favorite 'whatevers' that they find incredibly interesting and their top distraction items. We will be working against new and very tough distractions tomorrow.
Mary and Ellie, Onward to Lesson 12👏
So basically all I need to bring is a bunch of trash 🤣🤣🤣
Delete