Retrieve Course Curriculum

Monday, April 21, 2025

Beach Retrieves with Ellie/week 10

Ahhhh…Huntington Beach, California. My old stomping grounds. I grew up in this area and spent a lot of time at the beach. I still love it! Every time we come back to CA, we try to make it to the beach. Today we had some time so we packed up our pups and headed to dog beach. It’s a little crazy but so much fun. Since Ellie’s in heat, we couldn’t let her run free. I kept her close and picked her up when any dog approached. I had her dumbbell with me so I decided to practice week 10 retrieves. She was beyond distracted with all the dogs, kids, birds, waves, wind and she was having a tough time sitting, especially in the sand.

Can you tell it was a challenge for her to focus? It’s like her head was on a swivel! 😂




I thought it was going to be disastrous trying to get her to retrieve but I was pleasantly surprised.

And, yes. I left my dog training shoes in the car.


I miss the beach so much but I don’t miss the drive home at all.



7 comments:

  1. Beach blanket retrieves with Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just there last week! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a great place to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mary. That was amazing. She has got this down. You have done so well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you didn’t see the double ECs we started the day with 🫢

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm those waves. 🥰 And wowza! Those retrieves! 😄

    ReplyDelete