So this was Poppy's 3rd session today to do the pop quiz with me. She still has to do one with Rachel tonight.
Just before we started the video, Poppy redirected on my first double EC with her. On the video, she had a few slow retrieves and 2 more ECs. We ended on a successful note.
Pass, but man your EC's weren't. They were a nag, not a correction. When/if I have to give a correction, I am going to make it count. Why? I dislike doing EC'S and don't want to have to repeat them. Nagging a dog is a guarantee of the dog NOT believing 'You said what you meant and meant what you said.' Nagging a dog is also a guarantee of slow🐢 retrieves and sloppy pickups. Easier to make those EC'S count NOW instead of later when distances and accountability increase.
Rachel should do her retrieves tonight as should Janet. I was wondering when Poppy would say, "No!", grateful it has showed up this week and not in the following weeks left in class.
The first EC before we started the video she squealed like a stuck pig and redirected. Definitely not a nag. Even though I got in the the ears with pressure but no squeal on the other two, I can see how they could be more of a nag.
Pop quiz
ReplyDeletePass, but man your EC's weren't. They were a nag, not a correction. When/if I have to give a correction, I am going to make it count. Why? I dislike doing EC'S and don't want to have to repeat them. Nagging a dog is a guarantee of the dog NOT believing 'You said what you meant and meant what you said.' Nagging a dog is also a guarantee of slow🐢 retrieves and sloppy pickups. Easier to make those EC'S count NOW instead of later when distances and accountability increase.
ReplyDeleteRachel should do her retrieves tonight as should Janet. I was wondering when Poppy would say, "No!", grateful it has showed up this week and not in the following weeks left in class.
The first EC before we started the video she squealed like a stuck pig and redirected. Definitely not a nag. Even though I got in the the ears with pressure but no squeal on the other two, I can see how they could be more of a nag.
ReplyDelete