Jeanne and Poppy at Kendall's. When someone came near, I did a slight EC on fetch 3 and 4. People were coming and going nearby, the loudspeaker went off a couple times, and lots of plant smells and a water fountain gurgling.
Janet and Poppy at Frank's, which recently opened for the season. We had just come from the vet for her booster shots. Lots of people and other dogs, lots of smells and moving distractions, total overload, hot and panting. Almost had to do an EC, and a couple times she was slow to put her mouth on the dumbbell, but she did pick it up on her own. Watch for the surprise photobomb.
Week 9 exam
ReplyDeleteJeanne,
ReplyDeleteGood! You have very clean mechanics, your Square Up, your Swing, your EC'S were timely (Poppy then believed you). I gasped 😵💫 when I saw Retrieve #5 & #6, because of your hand being out of Poppy's visual picture.Thank God, Janet saw it too and coached you to keeping your hand close to db.
Excellent work Jeanne/Poppy, Pass!!
Janet,
ReplyDeleteExcellent work! Pass! The hard part is because of your long legs, Janet, and remaining stationary while placing the db on the ground, and Poppy NOT being a retriever (so she doesn't watch the db), it's harder for Poppy yo track the location of the db as it heads to the ground. But good work!
Franks is open? I so miss that place in MD, so many happy hours there. And woohoo! hello again Jake. I did PATT on one of Deb's litters, yes from DebandLesKennels.com, where Ruth came from, and recommended a specific puppy for Jake, a great retriever named Leenie. I, and my MD team of students, Jeanne and Janet too, did all of Leenie's FC work. Leenie is a phenomenal dog, has hunted extensively with Jake and is a lovely dog at home with his children. Some of you may remember some videos and photos of Leenie as part of your FC Blogs. I have a photo book here of Leenie's training if any of you want to see it.
So many delightful memories!