Retrieve Course Curriculum

Sunday, February 16, 2025

Rachel & Poppy

 

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel and I live in Maryland, and I am so excited to start my first retrieve course with my dog Poppy. My husband and I adopted Poppy from Kabul Small Animal Rescue in Afghanistan last summer 2024. Poppy and 300 of her friends were airlifted in what was the largest animal rescue airlift to date. They flew from Afghanistan to Poland to Virginia where we picked Poppy up and brought her home. Here is the first picture I got with her and one of the first pictures I took of her!




I met Roxanne through my mom Jeanne and my aunt Janet who I watched do courses with Roxanne and all of my family’s dogs while she was living here in Maryland. I knew when I got a dog one day I would do training with Roxanne, because I have never seen such well behaved dogs as hers and those who have gone through her courses! Here is my family’s full canine crew:

I started the foundation course with Poppy last fall and just finished our last test today! It was so fun to learn how to work with Poppy and help her come out of her shell, find her confidence, and become a really sweet, obedient girl. It was also fun to push myself to understand Poppy and be the best human I can be for her! 



Poppy is so smart and energetic, and I am looking forward to channeling that into this retrieve course! 

For fun, here’s a pic of us watching the Northern Lights dance around our backyard in Maryland last fall!









2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Rachel! I'm excited to see your work with Poppy through this course! ❤️

    ReplyDelete